What this service is:
Bloomberg BNA’s Bankruptcy Law Resource Center is the most comprehensive bankruptcy law service available, integrating exclusive legal analysis and practice tools from the nation’s leading bankruptcy law experts together with our renowned news coverage, research tools, and comprehensive primary source information. This cutting-edge online platform offers unique, streamlined searchability enabling you to quickly and conveniently access the bankruptcy law-related resources and research information you need the most.
What it helps you do:
• Stream line your research with news, analysis, and primary source materials expertly organized on an intuitively designed platform that helps you save valuable time and resources.
• Pinpoint the specific information you need using the Resource Center’s intelligent organizational structure, which separates the site’s content into specific areas searchable by convenient Topic Tabs including Commercial Bankruptcy and Consumer Bankruptcy.
• Stay up to date on the latest news and developments with BNA’s Bankruptcy Law Reporter™, our premier news service offering authoritative coverage of the latest developments in bankruptcy law and news about major cases from our extensive network of reporters and correspondents across the U.S.
• Access full-text decisions of all significant bankruptcy cases —searchable by citation, keyword, Code section, or Rule — along with U.S. Bankruptcy Code and related statutes, the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure, and other key documents.
• Know the implications of key bankruptcy law developments with exclusive BNA Insights articles and videos by top bankruptcy law practitioners who offer real-world perspectives on today’s fast-moving legal landscape.
• Get unique solutions to your challenging research problems with Bloomberg BNA’s collection of over 300 attorney-authored annotations for valuable commentary, context, and insights on key Bankruptcy Code and Rule provisions and other statutes.
• Inform your decision making with essential, results-oriented guidance from experts in the field with our exclusive collection of authored materials — including five Bloomberg BNA Portfolios and seven books from the American Bankruptcy Institute — providing thorough coverage of critical aspects of bankruptcy law.
• Track significant developments in large commercial bankruptcy cases with Chapter 11 Milestones featuring news reports on recent filings, plan confirmations, asset sales, and emergences.
• Find contact information for all bankruptcy courts across the country through the Bankruptcy Court Directory, featuring an interactive “clickable” map of the United States.
• Reinforce best practices with our proprietary suite of time-saving tools, including practitioner-developed forms and checklists, along with the Supreme Court Scoreboard to track bankruptcy related petitions for Supreme Court review from filing through argument to decision.
Reference: analysis, guidance, and primary source material
Source Documents: full-text of judicial opinions, rulings, and memoranda, and Bankruptcy Code, Rules, and related statues
Notification:current reports providing news and developments
Format & FrequencyThe Resource Center is updated continually. BNA’s Bankruptcy Law Reporter™ latest developments e-mails are sent out daily, plus e-mail updates as important news breaks. Print notification for BNA’s Bankruptcy Law Reporter is available weekly.
• Asset sales
• Attorneys’ fees
• Automatic stay
• Bankruptcy reform
• Bankruptcy statistics
• Collateral estoppel
• Credit counseling
• Debt collection
• Deepening insolvency
• DIP financing
• Dismissal or conversion
• Earmarking doctrine
• Equitable subordination
• Exceptions to discharge
• Executory contracts and unexpired leases
• Exit financing
• Foreign proceedings
• Fraudulent transfers
• Homestead exemption
• In pari delicto
• Payday loans
• Plan confirmations
• Rejection of collective bargaining agreements
• Student loans
• Subprime lending
• U.S. Trustees