Whether you’re looking for key details on an important patent application or need to gain a clear understanding of a controversial Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB) opinion, Bloomberg Law’s Intellectual Property Practice Center helps you find the answers with our specialized
Patent Search; in-depth analysis from treatises, including Harmon on Patents: Black-Letter Law & Commentary; and primary sources. Stay current on developments with practitioner analysis from the Patent, Trademark & Copyright Law Daily™.
THE GOLD STANDARD IN IP CASE LAW INFORMATION
Get to the heart of each matter with The United States Patents Quarterly®
(USPQ), which includes every significant IP case since 1929. Access the full-text decisions of the most significant patent, trademark, and copyright law cases on record. Headnotes are organized by topic into the searchable USPQ classification outline, so you can quickly find critical federal and state decisions.
Learn about additional Patent Law resources on Bloomberg law
EXECUTE ADVANCED PATENT SEARCHES
Use the specialized
or Patent Assignment Search tools to narrow your search, and quickly find specific U.S. patents or applications with fielded search options or keywords. Easily apply custom searches across all patents or specific sections, like claims or specifications. Identify related documents concerning a specific patent, including other patents, court opinions, and dockets.
GET TRUSTED INSIGHT
Gain valuable perspective from a wide range of legal publications, books and treatises in your IP law practice. From leading Bloomberg BNA Law Reports like the Patent, Trademark & Copyright Law Daily®
and World Intellectual Property Report™ to authoritative treatises like Harmon on Patents: Black-Letter Law & Commentary, you’ll gain a deeper understanding of critical patent, trademark, and copyright issues.
ADDITIONAL CONTENT HIGHLIGHTS:
- Practice Pages are designed to give you quick access to directories of content and relevant resources for the following practice areas:
- Patent Law
- Trademark Law
- Copyright Law
- Trade Secret Law
- International IP Law
- Technology & Internet Law
- Privacy & Information Law
- Laws & Regulations provide you with the ability to browse key patent laws, including the Patent Act, America Invents Act (H.R. 1249) and patent regulations. Other resources include quick reference to the Trademark Act, the Copyright Acts of 1976 and 1909, and State Trade Secret Laws.
- Opinions & Dockets let you quickly search decisions and dockets from areas such as patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret law.
- Regulatory Agencies offer a comprehensive listing of key agencies, including the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, U.S. Copyright Office, International Trade Commission, Federal Trade Commission, Food & Drug Administration, World Intellectual Property Organization, and UK Intellectual Property Office. Each dedicated section includes links to search databases of manuals, forms, relevant news and information, and other materials.
- Books & Treatises give you valued access to timely insight on a particular area of intellectual property law with a variety of practical guidance publications from the Practising Law Institute (PLI), quick overviews of international laws through the Getting the Deal Through series, and other materials like Bloomberg BNA books and Portfolios.
- Law Reviews & Journals contain a library of topical information and analysis from sources like the Law Journal of the International Trademark Association (INTA), Yale Journal of Law and Technology, Marquette Intellectual Property Law Review, Rutgers Computer & Technology Law Journal, and Journal of High Technology Law.
- The Intellectual Property News page together offer relevant news from thousands of sources, including
Bloomberg News and