President Obama has signed into law the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 (H.R. 8) that allows tax rates to rise on the nation's highest earners while also extending dozens of tax cuts for individuals and businesses.
Bloomberg BNA has been following these developments, and the following material is a collection of Bloomberg BNA content covering this topic:
Here are the highlights of HR 8: The American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012. This is a great summary to share with your clients.
Special Report: Fiscal Cliff Compromise Wipes Out State ‘Pick-Up' Estate Taxes, Continues Depreciation Disconnect, Bolsters Renewable Energy
Webinar - Fiscal Cliff: 'The Morning After' (Recording)
Bloomberg BNA hosted a Webinar, “Fiscal Cliff: The Morning After” on Friday, January 4th which provided a summary and review of the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 This timely Webinar, presented by Brett Ferguson and Heather Rothman, provided a critical assessment of the tax issues, outcomes, and their impact on practitioners and their clients. Click here to purchase a CD of the Webinar.
Daily Tax Report Bloomberg BNA and Bloomberg Government have come together to produce a guide on the 113th Congress that gives readers an in-depth look at who is expected to be chairman and ranking member on House and Senate committees plus what each panel’s legislative agenda will be in the new year. Our reporters also take a look on how the leadership races are shaping up in both chambers, and how the presidential outcome will impact Capitol Hill. Click here. To access this guide, you must be a Bloomberg BNA subscriber. If you would like access to this content, please sign up for a for a free trial to the Bloomberg BNA Tax and Accounting Center.
Recent Daily Tax Report Articles of Note:
- 01/14/2013: JCT's Annual List of Expiring Tax Provisions One-Third Smaller in Wake of Fiscal Cliff Bill
- 01/11/2013: Fiscal Cliff: CRS: Remaining Fiscal Cliff Issues Could Contract Growth by 2 Percent
- 01/03/2013: Congress Answers Many Long-Standing Tax Questions With Fiscal Cliff Legislation
- 01/03/2013: Congress Poised to Revisit Chained CPI in Debt-Limit Debate
- 01/03/2013: Bill to Avert Fiscal Cliff Extends Tax Credit For Wind Power, Other Energy Incentives
Recent Tax Management Weekly Report Articles of Note:
- 01/14/2013: Municipal Bonds May Get Swept Into Fiscal Changes, Deficit Reduction, Practitioners Say
- 01/07/2013: Obama Signs Bill to Extend Tax Cuts, Postpone Mandatory Spending Reductions
- 01/07/2013: Business Tax Provisions of the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012
Here is a list of BNA Insights articles that discuss the “Fiscal Cliff.”
- 10/2012:Employee Benefits: Employer Coverage Requirements and Taxes Under the Affordable Care Act (For full access to charts and tables included in the original article, sign up for a free trial to the Bloomberg BNA Tax and Accounting Center.)
- 09/2012:Tax Law Update, By R. Zebulon Law, Esq. and Christy L. Lewis, Esq
- 09/2012:The Future of Capital Gains Taxation, By Susan K. Duke, Esq
- 07/2012: U.S. Territoriality – Variations on a Theme, By Barbara M. Angus, Esq
Tax Decay Caused by Preempting for Revenue by Patrick Driessen, Bloomberg Government.
Implications of Federal Deficit Reduction: Taxes and Business Impacts by Robert Litan, Christopher Payne, Tony Costello, and Patrick Driessen - Bloomberg Government.
We have developed several new Client Explanatory Letters - covering the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 - that can help you answer client questions and cover specific topics in greater detail. The new sample letters include:
- Individual Tax Provisions of the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012
- Business Tax Provisions of the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012
To access the Client Explanatory Letters below, you must be a Bloomberg BNA subscriber. If you would like to access this content, please sign up for a free trial to the Bloomberg BNA Tax and Accounting Center.
- Estate, GST and Gift Tax After The American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012
- Shareholder-Related Provisions of the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012
- S Corporation Provisions of the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012
- What Employers Need to Know About Benefits and Payroll for 2013
- Tax-Free Distributions From IRAs For Charitable Purposes in 2013
Questions? Please Contact Us or call 1-800-372-1033.