Congressional Bill Search
Searching Congressional Bills provides a legislative search pre-populated to search Congress's House and Senate Bills, as well as options to search through all the bills with a variety of filers. As with all Bloomberg Law search pages, you are able to save this source as a Favorite, or set alerts for particular searches.
Example: Search the current Congress for the Congressional Research Service topic of financial services and investments.
- From the Browse All Content menu, select Laws & Treatises, select Legislative Resources, and click Search All U.S. House & Senate Bills under the Legislative Materials bucket.
- All U.S. House & Senate Bills pre-populates the Select Sources Field. To select the only the current Congress, de-select All U.S. House & Senate Bills and begin typing “115th Congress” in the Select Sources field, and select 115th Congress House Bills and 115th Congress Senate Bills. To search bills from other congressional sessions, de-select these entries, and begin typing number of the desired session in the Select Sources Field, and make your selections.
*Note: The current Congress may also be selected as a Source from the Legislative Resources page by selecting “115th Congress Bill Search” under Legislative Materials.*
- To search the current Congress, in the CRS Index Term field, input “financial,” and select Financial services and investments when the selection appears.
- Click Search. The bills matching the search appear.
- From the top of your Results page, you can Modify or Filter your search, as well as Create a Search Alert.