Congressional Bill Search
Searching Congressional Bills provides a legislative search pre-populated to search the current Congress's House and Senate Bills, as well as options to search through all the bills with a variety of filers. As with all Bloomberg Law search pages, you are able to save this source as a Favorite, or set alerts for particular searches.
Example: Search all U.S. House and Senate Bills from the current Congress on the Congressional Research Service topic of financial services and investments.
- From the Bloomberg Law menu, select Bloomberg Law Menu, select Legislative & Regulatory, and click Search Congressional Bills.
- The current Congress pre-populates the Select Sources field. To search bills from other congressional sessions, de-select these entries, click the Browsebutton, expand the U.S. Congress entry and make your selections.
- In the CRS Index Term field, input financial, and from the drop-down list, select Financial services and investments.
- Click Search. The bills matching the search appear.
- From the left side of your Results page, you can Modify or Filter your search, as well as Create a Search Alert.