How to Access the Specialized EDGAR Search
There are two ways to access the Specialized EDGAR Search on Bloomberg Law:
- In the search bar type E and select EDGAR Search from the drop down menu.
- From the Bloomberg Law Browse All Content menu, select Corporate & Transactional and click EDGAR Search.
- The EDGAR Search screen displays with options to filter the search fields by All Edgar, 8-K Items, 10-K Items, 10-K Risk Factors, and Comment Threads.
- Create a Search Alert and Add Search to Dashboard are links at the bottom of the screen.
FAVORITES and INFO ICONS
A pick list with additional options is available for some text fields on the EDGAR Search form. Click Browse Full List to access the pick list. On the Forms pick list, click the Info Icon for a description of the item including coverage, description, and document format. Click the Star icon on a pick list to designate the item as a Favorite. The selected Favorites display in the Browse My Favorites pick list. To remove an item from a Favorites list click the Star icon to deselect.
How to Use the EDGAR Specialized Search
- KEYWORDS - Search for exact phrases by placing them in quotes, or connect keywords using Boolean search operators.
KEYWORDS APPLY TO - Select Forms Only if you want your search terms to appear only in the underlying forms. Select Exhibits Only if you want your search terms to appear only in exhibits, and select Forms & Exhibits if you want your search terms to appear in both. Search Results will contain the underlying filings if you select Forms & Exhibits or Forms Only. When Exhibits Only is selected, search results contain the exhibits themselves. Click the exhibit link in the results list and go directly to that exhibit.
- FORMS - To search for specific SEC forms, enter terms in the search text box and utilize the available options displayed on the auto-complete list, or click the Browse Full List link and make a selection.
- INSIDER FILINGS and INSIDER AMENDMENTS - Click the radial slide buttons to include or exclude Insider Filings and Insider Amendments.
- EXHIBITS - To search for a specific Exhibit, enter terms in the search text box and utilize the available options displayed on the auto-complete list, or click the Browse Full List link and make a selection. To limit your search to a standard exhibit number use the Exhibits Full List.
- EXHIBIT TITLE - Search the descriptive titles of EDGAR exhibits that filers have included, if any. Although some EDGAR filers include descriptive titles for their exhibits, the SEC does not require inclusion of these titles. As a result, search results based on this search criteria may be incomplete.
How to Use the Company/Filer Information Search Fields
- FILER NAMES - Enter an individual or entity name to search documents filed by a specific filer, issuer, company or reporting owner.
- CIK - Every company and individual who files with the SEC is granted a unique identifier called a Central Index Key (“CIK”). A CIK number includes all former names of the relevant entity or individual. Generally, searching by CIK is more comprehensive than searching by the name of a filer, reporting owner or issuer.
- COMPANY OR TICKER - The Company or Ticker field returns filings in which a company that is listed on a securities exchange and has a ticker is the filer, the subject company of insider filings on insider filings and/or the target of a publicly-reported merger or acquisition.
- COMPANY GROUP - Limit your search to 100 companies that meet specified criteria. All criteria is determined using Bloomberg data after the close of each trading day in the United States. The most current market information is matched to the date of the latest EDGAR filing made by a company. Therefore, only companies that meet the selected criteria and have submitted an EDGAR filing since meeting that criteria are included in a group.
- COMPANY LOCATION - Type a few letters of the U.S. city, U.S. state or country where at least one of the parties to the filing maintains its principal place of business and choose from the list.
- PLACE OF INCORPORATION - Type a few letters of the U.S. State or country of the filer’s state or country of incorporation and choose from the options to search for documents filed by a party that is organized in that location.
- SIC INDUSTRY - You can enter an industry name or Standard Industrial Classification (“SIC”) code to search EDGAR filings related to a specific industry. Enter the name of the industry in this field or click Browse Full List and select it from the industry index drop-down menu.
How to Use the Submission Information Search Fields
- FILING DATE - Click the Filing Date drop-down menu to make a selection.
- PERIOD DATE - To search for a specific Period Date click in the field and choose any of the options in the drop-down menu.
- EDGAR FILE No. - The SEC assigns unique file numbers to registrations, applications and reports made by issuers. Use this field to find forms or exhibits by their specific EDGAR File Number.