Federal Register Search
You have diverse search capabilities when searching the most recent Federal Register volumes.
How to Access the Federal Register Search
- Select Legislative & Regulatory from the Bloomberg Law Menu.
- Click Search Federal Register.
How to Use the Federal Register Search
- Search By Agency: Every Federal Register document is associated with a particular agency. To narrow your search to documents originating from a particular agency, begin typing the name in this field and select it from the drop-down menu.
- Search By Page Citation: You can retrieve Federal Register documents via citation from the GO Bar Citation Search as well as from the Page Citation field.
- Search By RIN: Enter a Regulation Identifier Number (RIN) to return all documents identified by an agency as belonging to a single rulemaking action (e.g., both a proposed rule and its associated final rule). The RIN is located toward the top of applicable Federal Register documents.
- Search By Type: The Federal Register search defaults to searching all documents. You can narrow your Federal Register search to a particular type of document, however, by selecting it from the Type of Federal Register Document drop-down. Select either: Rule, Proposed Rule, Notice, or Presidential Document.Presidential Document includes Executive Orders.
- Search By CFR Part Affected: Where an item published in the Federal Register has an impact on the Code of Federal Regulations the affected parts are listed. You can search all Federal Register documents that impact or propose to impact the CFR by entering the part in the CFR Part Affected field.
- Search By CFR Section Affected: You can search CFR Section Affected in a similar fashion to CFR Part Affected. Where an item published in the Federal Register has an impact on the Code of Federal Regulations the affected sections are listed. You can search all Federal Register documents that impact or propose to impact the CFR by entering the section in the CFR Section Affected field.
- Search By CFR Subject: Documents that impact the CFR are also indexed to subject terms associated with the CFR Part Affected. Enter a subject term to return all documents indexed to that term.