Filter Search Results
Bloomberg Law's filters enable you to narrow your Search Results by criteria that are specific to the selected content sets.
Filters for Search Results with Multiple Content Types
When your Search Results include multiple content types (for example a search in both court opinions and secondary sources), filters to the left of your Search Results list will include Practice Area, Markets & News Results, Content Type and Date. For all criteria except date, click on the desired filter to narrow your results. For Date, click on the drop-down menu and select your desired option.
Filters for Search Results with a Single Content Type
- Accessible from the left side of the Search Results page.
- Provide content-specific filters that enable you to filter dockets by Nature of Suit, EDGAR filings by form type, and Law Firm Research by firm, as examples.
- You can filter Court Opinions by criteria including Jurisdiction, Court, Topic, and Judge.
- Each filter is prepopulated with the top five matches and includes the number of relevant hits based on the search.
- Click Select More to explore or potentially select additional matching filters.
- Narrow your results by selecting multiple filter types. For Example:
- When you filter court opinions to a particular court, topic and judge, your results are only opinions from that court, with the chosen topic and judge.
- When you select multiple entries under a single filter type, the selections expand the results. For instance, when searching court opinions, if you select two different courts your results will contain opinions from both or either of the courts.