The Specialized Legislative Search provides a source tree for U.S. legislative sources with the optional search capabilities of Keywords and Date Range. As with all Bloomberg Law search pages, you are able to add sources as favorites, or set alerts for particular searches. You can explore the source tree or click Browse to explore the table of contents for that data set.
- To launch the Legislative Search, from the Browse All Content Menu, select Laws & Treatises and choose Legislative Resources..
- Choose Select Sources on the right of the Search Bar.
- Choose your sources from the expandable U.S. Legislative Source Tree.
- Add Keyword and/or Date Range criteria to your search.
- Run Search.
Example: Search Federal Public Laws and Statutes at Large by Citation
- Enter a citation into the Search Bar (e.g. Pub.L. 111-148).
- Select the suggested link from the dropdown.
Example: Search Congressional Bills
- From the Legislative Resources page, choose Select Sources on the right of the search bar and select U.S. Congress -> U.S. House & Senate Bills or expand further to U.S. House Bills and/or All U.S. Senate Bills databases.
- You can search Congressional Bills from the Specialized Legislative Search above or via the 115th Congress Bill Search link on the Legislative Sources page under Legislative Materials.
Example: Keyword search for "Honest Services Fraud".
- In the Keywords field, input "honest services fraud".
- Click Search.
- From the top of your Results page, you can Modify or Filter your search, as well as Create a Search Alert.