February 8, 2019
The following are personnel changes and other news recently announced by prominent intellectual property law firms and other IP-related organizations:
• Fish & Richardson PC has promoted 11 attorneys to principals. In the firm’s intellectual property litigation group: Bryan Basso and Katherine Prescott in Redwood City, California; Jackob Ben-Ezra in Houston; Christina Brown-Marshall in Atlanta; Megan Chacon and Alex Gelberg in San Diego, California; Phillip Goter in Minneapolis; Jeffrey Shneidman in Boston; and Daniel Tishman in Washington, D.C. New principals in the patent group are Dan Smith in Dallas, Texas, and Joseph Valentino in New York.
• Dentons has promoted four patent attorneys: Boris Pesin and Bumrae Cho in Washington, D. C. to counsel, and Nicholas Jackson in Washington, D.C. and Heather Khassian in Houston to partner.
• IP attorney Zachary D. Hyde has been promoted to partner at Brown Rudnick LLP, Boston.
• Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP has promoted two attorneys in its intellectual property practice: Nicholas Lee in Los Angeles to partner and Nicolas Dumont in Frankfurt to counsel.
• Mike Ward, a partner at Morrison & Foerster LLP, has moved from the firm’s San Francisco office to the its new Boston office. Ward heads the patent practice group and co-chairs the intellectual property practice group at the firm.
• Foley & Lardner LLP has promoted five IP attorneys to partners: Christopher Bolten in San Diego, California, Shabbi Khan and Paul Meng Hoe Pua in Boston, Tricia Schulz in Madison, Wisconsin, and Tianran Yan in Washington, D.C.
• IP lawyer Michael Doane has left Adduci Mastriani & Schaumberg LLP to join Miles & Stockbridge PC, Tysons Corner, Virginia, as a principal in the firm’s intellectual property and technology practice group.
• Medical devices and IP attorney Neil O’Flaherty has left Baker McKenzie to join Amin Talati Upadhye LLP, Washington, D.C., as a partner.
• IP and commercial litigation attorney Scott B. Wilkens has left Jenner & Block LLP to join Wiley Rein LLP, Washington, D.C., as a partner in the firm’s telecom, media and technology practice.
• Nancy Snow, an IP associate at Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP, Las Vegas, has been named president of the Asian Bar Association of Las Vegas for a two-year term.
• Thomas Mathew has left Baker Botts LLP to join Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton, Menlo Park, California, an associate in the firm’s intellectual property department’s medical and mechanical devices team.