Updated December 14, 2016
1. Introduction. Bloomberg BNA publishes its information services in print and various electronic media, including web-based formats. We are continually adapting to changes in technology to bring you the information you rely on faster and more efficiently than ever before.
- What information we collect
- How we collect the information
- How we use the information
- How we provide choice to Users about how we use the information we collect
- Whether we disclose the information we collect to third parties
- Whether third parties collect information through our Products
2. Bloomberg BNA's Privacy Pledge. Bloomberg BNA makes the following pledge to you:
- Bloomberg BNA is committed to protecting the privacy of Users at all times.
- Bloomberg BNA maintains security standards and procedures designed to protect Customer Information and other Personally Identifiable Information. We will continue to test and update our technology to improve our ability to protect Customer Information and other Personally Identifiable Information.
You may instruct Bloomberg BNA at any time not to use your personal information collected in order to provide you with special offers or promotions by contacting
firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also update your settings for receiving offers and promotions via e-mail by clicking
4. Our Policies Regarding the Collection of Information. At Bloomberg BNA, our goal is to provide Users with quality information, products, and services. We are also committed to providing Users with responsive, personalized service, and keeping Users informed about new information, products, and services that may be of immediate interest to Users or that can help Users derive the greatest value from the Products.
A visitor who browses the Bloomberg BNA Site is not required to reveal any Personally Identifiable Information, such as name, address, or telephone number, unless subscribing to a Product. Nor is such information collected passively by electronic means. Bloomberg BNA Web servers collect other information such as the make of a visitor's browser software and the Internet domain name of the location from which the visitor enters. This information helps us diagnose technical problems and manage our Sites by tracking user interests.
The primary reason that we collect and maintain Customer Information and other Personally Identifiable Information is to serve Users and administer our customer relationships.
Bloomberg BNA may collect Customer Information and other Personally Identifiable Information from a variety of sources, such as the following:
- Information Users provide to us, such as information Users provide to us in the registration process.
- Information we receive from a Customer that purchases Subscriptions for Users, such as registration information.
- Information about transactions by Users as part of the Products or other User experiences with Bloomberg BNA, such as the information we receive when a User submits a question through a search box in a Product.
We collect Customer Information and other Personally Identifiable Information in a number of ways, such as the following:
- Registration Process:
- In order to use our Products, each User may be asked to complete a registration process, which requires providing certain registration information to Bloomberg BNA.
- Credit Cards:
- We collect credit card information for billing purposes. For convenience of our customers, we do not store, use, or share credit card information for any other purpose
- Log Files:
- We track information about each User's usage of the Products in log files. We use this information as follows:
- To analyze trends
- To administer the Products
- To track statistical information about how Users use the Products
- To gather broad demographic information for aggregate use
- Bloomberg BNA does link information regarding a User's usage of the Products to the User's Personally Identifiable Information.
- Contrary to reports about cookies and online privacy, cookies do not contain viruses and most cannot reveal any Personally Identifiable Information about you unless you willingly provide it as a user on a website.
- You will find that cookies are an industry standard and are used at most major websites in much the same way we use them here at Bloomberg BNA. You can learn most everything there is to know about cookies at
www.cookiecentral.com. We also encourage you to read the privacy policies of all websites you visit before you accept cookies from these websites.
- Your Consent:
- By continuing to use the Site, you are agreeing to our placing cookies on your computer for the purposes set forth here.
- If you do not wish to accept cookies in connection with your use of the Site, you must stop using the Site.
- If you wish to withdraw your consent at any time, you will need to delete your cookies using your Internet browser settings and stop using the Site.
- Bloomberg BNA and the parties with whom we work (e.g., service providers, business partners and marketing services) may place, view, and/or use “cookies”, Web server logs, Web beacons, or other electronic tools to collect statistical and other information about your use of this Site and other Sites.
- This information may include information about the IP address of your computer, browser type, language, operating system, your mobile device, geo-location data, the state or country from which you accessed this Site, the Web pages visited, the date and the time of a visit, the Sites you visited immediately before and after visiting this Site, the number of links you click within this Site, the functions you use on this Site, the databases you view and the searches you request on this Site, the data you save on or download from this Site and the Products you interact with via this Site.
- Bloomberg BNA and the parties with whom we work may use the information collected for various reasons on behalf of Bloomberg BNA, including for research, analysis, to better serve visitors to this Site (such as by enabling log-in, providing access to certain sections of this Site, providing customized or personalized content, enhancing your experience with our Products, or presenting online marketing on this Site, other Sites tailored to your interests, or via e-mail or social media), and to compile aggregate and anonymous information about usage of this Site and other Sites, other statistics, etc. However, if you have deleted and disabled cookies, these uses will not be possible to the extent they are based on cookie information.
- Disabling Cookies:
- You can set your browser to reject or to accept cookies. You have the option to reject cookies when you are just browsing the Web and accept cookies when you want to use the Products.
- Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to disable cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent.
- Likewise, most mobile devices allow you to disable the ability for geo-location information to be collected from your mobile device. The help function on most browsers and mobile devices contains instructions on how to set your browser to notify you before accepting cookies, disable cookies entirely, or disable the collection of geo-location data.
- You need to set each browser, on each device you use to surf the Web. Thus, if you use multiple browsers (e.g., Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.), you should repeat this procedure with each one.
- Similarly, if you connect to the Web from multiple devices (e.g., work and home), you need to set each browser on each device.
- However, if you disable cookies or refuse to accept a request to place a cookie, it is possible that some parts of this Site, such as product features, personalized content and certain areas of the Site for which you need to log in, will not function properly. For example, if a User rejects any cookie offered by a Product, that User may not use the features of the Product.
- Bloomberg BNA, its service providers, or third-party advertisers or their advertising servers (who may have their own privacy policies) may also place or recognize unique cookies on your computer or use web beacons or other electronic tools in order to help display advertisements that you see on this Site or on other sites.
- Information about your visits to, and activity on, this Site and other sites, an IP address, the number of times you have viewed an advertisement, and other such usage information is used, alone or in combination with other information, to display on your device screen advertisements that may be of particular interest to you.
- Surveys and Promotional Activities:
- From time to time Bloomberg BNA may request information from Users via voluntary participation in promotional or market research activities.
- The information that we request may include contact information (such as name and business address), and demographic information (such as zip code and age level).
5. Our Policies Regarding the Use and Disclosure of Information.
a) Information Use and Sharing. We may use and share the Customer Information and other Personally Identifiable Information that we collect among various departments within Bloomberg BNA and its subsidiaries that perform functions such as servicing User accounts, preparing reports regarding Product use, market research, and promotional activities.
The reasons that we share this Customer Information and other Personally Identifiable Information include the following:
- To protect Users.
- We use the Customer Information and other Personally Identifiable Information we maintain about Users and their use of the Products, including registration information, as follows:
- To help us identify Users.
- To help us prevent unauthorized persons from accessing Customer Information and other Personally Identifiable Information and the Product features that we make available to specific Users for their use.
- To provide superior service.
- We use Customer Information and other Personally Identifiable Information to respond quickly and efficiently to User needs.
- To tell you about new or enhanced services and/or products.
- By understanding more about Users and their use of the Products, we can better meet User needs and determine how other Product features could be of value to Users.
- Email Updates:
- Once a User completes the registration process, Bloomberg BNA may keep the User updated by email on important news and events concerning Bloomberg BNA, Product features, and other information that Bloomberg BNA deems relevant.
- To improve and develop our information, Products and services.
- Every Product feature that we offer is designed to reflect the ways Users actually use the Products.
- We collect and analyze information about Product use so that we can tailor new types of information, products and services to meet User needs.
When it comes to sharing Customer Information and other Personally Identifiable Information outside Bloomberg BNA, we do so only for specific purposes. We share Customer Information and other Personally Identifiable Information with third parties as follows:
- We reserve the right to share with Bloomberg BNA subsidiaries and/or other reputable organizations the following information, for purposes of permitting those organizations to sell their products and services to our Customers:
- With respect to each Customer, the following current information: company name, industry, business mailing address, and primary contact information (name, e-mail address, street address, mailing address, and telephone number).
- With respect to each User, the following current information: name, industry, job title, business e-mail address, office name (branch and main office), and mailing address.
- We reserve the right to share Customer Information and other Personally Identifiable Information with third parties that provide hot links to the Bloomberg BNA Web page at
http://www.bna.com to promote the Products, such as web portals, or otherwise sell Subscriptions on our behalf through their own marketing channels. In certain instances, these parties will co-own certain Customer Information and other Personally Identifiable Information about Product revenue generating activity that originates from that third party. Such Customer Information and other Personally Identifiable Information may include, without limitation, the following information: company name, street address, e-mail address, contact name, lead date, first sale date, and services accessed.
- We reserve the right to share Customer Information and other Personally Identifiable Information with other third parties that perform services on our behalf, such as companies that help us market Products, renew subscriptions, or assist new customers.
- We reserve the right to share all Customer Information and Personally Identifiable Information with third parties who act as independent contractors to help us administer the Products, such as data centers that host our servers and technical system consultants who program our hardware and Software.
- We reserve the right to share Customer Information and Non-Identifying Information in the form of aggregated demographic information that is not linked to Personally Identifiable Information with our subsidiaries, advertisers, and other third parties.
- We reserve the right to disclose certain Customer Information and Personally Identifiable Information to government agencies and consumer reporting agencies as permitted or required by applicable law. Bloomberg BNA may make these disclosures for specific, limited purposes, such as verifying individuals' identities (reducing fraud and identity theft).
- Bloomberg BNA will also disclose a User's Customer Information and Personally Identifiable Information when and to the extent we believe, in good faith, that we are legally compelled to do so pursuant to an order of a court of competent jurisdiction or other governmental body (including, without limitation, such disclosures required by applicable securities laws as are necessary to comply therewith or with the rules and regulations of any applicable stock exchange). In such an event, Bloomberg BNA will use reasonable efforts to do the following:
- Give the User reasonably prompt written notice of such requirement so that the User has an opportunity to comment thereon or object thereto and to preserve the confidential nature of the Customer Information and Personally Identifiable Information that Bloomberg BNA is required to disclose.
- At the User's expense, use commercially reasonable efforts to cooperate with any of the User's efforts to preserve the confidential nature of the Customer Information and Personally Identifiable Information that Bloomberg BNA is required to disclose.
- User Information
- We reserve the right to share a User's Customer Information and Personally Identifiable Information with the Customer who purchased the User's Subscription.
- Customer Information
6. Information Confidentiality and Security. Bloomberg BNA is committed to prevent any unauthorized access to each User's Customer Information and other Personally Identifiable Information. We maintain procedures and technology designed to prevent such unauthorized access.
a) Security Programs. No one can guarantee that data transmission over the Internet will be 100% secure. Nevertheless, Bloomberg BNA has taken technical, administrative, and physical steps to protect against unauthorized access to Customer Information and other Personally Identifiable Information used to administer its customer accounts. All such information is handled securely within Bloomberg BNA and is not disclosed to unauthorized third parties.
b) User IDs and Passwords. Each User is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of his or her User ID and password, and are responsible for all Product activities that occur under his or her User ID and password, including, without limitation, all related Customer Information and other Personally Identifiable Information. Each User agrees to immediately notify Bloomberg BNA of any unauthorized use of his or her User ID or password or of his or her Customer Information and other Personally Identifiable Information or any other breach of security regarding the Products or his or her Customer Information and other Personally Identifiable Information. Bloomberg BNA will not be liable for any Loss whatsoever arising from a User's failure to comply with these security requirements and each User agrees to hold Bloomberg BNA harmless from any and all Losses that arise from that failure to so comply.
7. Tips To Help You Protect Customer Information. If any User suspects that someone has had unauthorized access to his or her Bloomberg BNA account, or access to his or her Customer Information and other Personally Identifiable Information, such as his or her User ID or password, the User should contact Bloomberg BNA so we can take appropriate action to protect the User and his or her Customer Information and other Personally Identifiable Information. Please contact the Bloomberg BNA Customer Contact Center: 1-800-372-1033 (U.S. and Canada), 703-341-3500 (International callers), Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET, or submit an on-line support form at
In addition, Users may want to consider if it is important to report the crime to local law enforcement agencies and to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). To speak with a trained FTC telephone counselor, call toll-free 1-877-IDTheft (1-877-438-4338). Or, to enter information about any complaint into a secure FTC online database, sign onto
www.consumer.gov/idtheft. The site also provides links to numerous consumer education materials.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding Bloomberg BNA’s data protection practices, please send an e-mail message to Bloomberg BNA's website administrator at email@example.com.
- “Customer Information” means any information about a Customer, its employees, contractors, suppliers, licensors, agents, distributors, and others who have any business or personal relationship with such Customer, that (i) Bloomberg BNA has an obligation to keep confidential or use for limited purposes or (ii) Bloomberg BNA has any legal obligation to keep confidential or use for limited purposes, including under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, any laws regarding invasion of privacy, or other privacy laws. “Customer Information” does not include publicly available information.
- “Bloomberg BNA Customer Agreement” means the Bloomberg BNA Customer Agreement, as it may be amended from time, which can be found at
- “Non-Identifying Information” means information that, taken alone, cannot be used to identify or locate a Person, including, without limitation, age or date of birth, gender, occupation, education, ZIP code with no address, interests, hobbies, types of hardware or Software used by a Person, income. “Non-Identifying Information” refers to this type of information, regardless of whether such information is collected along with, or is linked to, Personally Identifiable Information.
- “Personally Identifiable Information” means information that can be used to identify or locate a Person, including, but not limited to, e-mail address, name, street address, phone number, fax number, credit card number, Social Security number, and tax identification number.
- The terms “we,” “us,” and other similar terms shall be deemed to refer to Bloomberg BNA, as appropriate.
- The terms “you,” “your,” and other similar terms shall be deemed to refer to Customer and all individual Users, as appropriate.