The Specialized Regulatory Search provides a source tree for U.S. regulatory and administrative sources with the optional search capabilities of Keywords and Date Range.
How to Search the Federal Register
From the Browse All Content menu, choose Laws & Treatises, and select Regulatory Resources. From the Regulatory Resources page, choose Select Sources on the right of the Search Bar, and select Federal Register.
You can also quickly perform a fielded Federal Register search by selecting Laws & Treatises from the Browse All Content menu, choosing Regulatory Resources, and selecting Search Federal Register under Regulatory Materials.
To launch the Regulatory Search, from the Browse All Content menu, select Laws & Treatises, then Regulatory Sources.
- In "Regulatory Materials", select "Search Federal Register"
- Choose your sources from the expandable U.S. Regulatory & Administrative Source Tree
- Add Keyword and/or Date Range criteria to your search.
- Run Search.
Example: Search U.S. Government Departments & Agencies and Exchanges and Self Regulatory Organizations (SRO) for "Whistleblower"
- From the Regulatory Sources page, click on Select Sources on the right of the Search Bar. Select U.S. Government Departments & Agencies and Self-Regulatory Organizations (SRO) from Sources
- In the Keywords field, input whistleblower.
- Click Search
- From the top of your Results page, you can Modify or Filter your search, as well as Create a Search Alert