Save a Search or Create an Alert
You can set Alerts to receive updates when new documents arrive that meet your search criteria. The difference between a saved search and an alert is that a saved search has an alert frequency set to None while an alert has a frequency that is set to, As Available, Hourly, Daily or Weekly.
How To Save a Docket Search and/or Create an Alert
- Craft and run your desired search.
- Click the Create Search Alert link.
- The Create Search Alert pop-up appears. Note: Docket Alerts contain options for Format, Sorts, Parties, and Share.
- In the Title field, input the name for the Saved Search/Alert. This will be the subject line for any emails that are triggered by the alert.
- From the Frequency drop-down menu, select your desired frequency.
- (Optional) Enter desired Tags for organization and/or a Description of the search.
- Click Save. You receive an email when new documents are added to Bloomberg Law that meet your search criteria. The notifications are also stored in your Alerts Inbox.
*Note: If you want to set the Alert more quickly, the Create Search Alert button is also available on all search screens.