The global solution for payroll professionals, combines custom research, strategic white papers, country primers, webinars, and the expert guidance you’ve come...
July 14—A draft bill that introduces new individual income tax rates and brackets was opened for consultation by the Slovenian Ministry of Finance July 12.
The new bill would increase the ceiling of the second bracket to 20,400 euros ($22,595) from 18,960 euros ($21,000), introduce a new third bracket with a 34 percent tax rate for income greater than 20,400 euros but equal to or less than 48,000 euros ($53,165), and alter the second highest bracket with a 39 percent tax rate for income greater than 48,000 euros but less than 70,907.20 euros ($77,874.50). The lowest and highest brackets would remain unchanged in the draft bill.
Under the proposed annual income tax brackets:
• Income equal to or less than 8,021.34 euros ($8,884.44) would be taxed at 16 percent;
• Income greater than 8,021.34 euros but equal to or less than 20,400 euros ($22,595) would be taxed at 27 percent;
• Income greater than 20,400 euros but equal to or less than 48,000 euros ($53,165) would be taxed at 34 percent;
• Income greater than 48,000 euros but equal to or less than 70,907.20 euros ($77,874.50) would be taxed at 39 percent; and
• Income greater than 70,907.20 euros would be taxed at 50 percent.
Comments on the draft bill are due by July 29. New tax brackets are expected to be implemented Jan. 1, 2017.
To contact the reporter on this story: Jared Mondschein at firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the editor responsible for this story: Michael Baer at email@example.com
The draft bill is available in Slovenian at http://www.mf.gov.si/fileadmin/mf.gov.si/pageuploads/Davki_in_carine/Predlogi_predpisov/2016-07-11_ZDoh-2R-P3.pdf.
More information on payroll issues in Slovenia can be found in the Slovenia country primer.
Copyright © 2016 The Bureau of National Affairs, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Notify me when updates are available (No standing order will be created).
Put me on standing order
Notify me when new releases are available (no standing order will be created)